As the conference went into its final stages, I noticed a slightly more subtle change in the atmosphere than the more and more manic rushing around, the speaking in bathrooms, the growing number of police escorts as ministers came to the rescue and the rings under the eyes of the delegation teams.
And unlike all the other ones, this change really was quite pleasant!
The big white piano in the main forum of the ICC was no longer just there for decoration, but in the last days of the conference someone started to play happy tunes and calming melodies.
Like this one, which I heard on the last official day of negotiations (unfortunately the video I recorded won't upload, so here's a YouTube version for illustration sake)
How lovely!
Everything around us is falling into pieces and the World may come to an end, but at least the pianist remains optimisitc!
No comments:
Post a Comment