So there was nothing that would justify going there and yet Simon and I were willing to drive an hour and spend money on staying in the Nature Reserve.
And as I thought about it, I realised why: We were not paying to have more or different things to do. No, in fact, we were paying to have less things to do!
But they are (or at least can be) things that stand in the way between you and a relaxing weekend. At home, I can easily end up running around all weekend long without taking any time to actually relax.
But when I go out of town, there is nothing that distracts me from relaxing and unwinding.
There is no internet that I could use to respond to some mails, research a holiday or sort out my health insurance. There is no gym class at 8am that would stop me from staying in bed as long as I want to. And there are no shops I could swing by, places I could check out or parties I might go to.
Time to do absolutely nothing without feeling guilty about it at all because there is nothing to do anyway. And that is what we are paying for.
No comments:
Post a Comment