Monday, 7 February 2011

A Difficult New Concept

I just had the following conversation with a lady from the Department of Energy…
Lady: Hello, how are you?
Me: I’m good, how are you?

Lady: Fine thanks. I am calling to ask whether you are going to request parking for the meeting this afternoon.
Me: No.

Lady: You are not going to request parking?
Me: No.

Lady: So you are not attending the meeting?
Me: I am attending the meeting.

Lady: So you are going to request parking?
Me: No.

Lady: But you are attending the meeting.
Me: Yes.

Lady: Okaaaayyyyy. Thank you. Bye.
Me: Bye.

This made me wonder: The Department of Energy is mandated to develop South Africa’s Integrated Energy Plan, which outlines how South Africa will meet its energy demands by 2030. Cornerstones of the Plan are to reduce the dependence on coal and liquid fuel, increase the supply of energy from renewable sources and improve energy efficiency.

Should the Department really be trusted to develop South Africa’s Energy Plan given its complete and shocking unawareness of the carbon free, environmentally friendly, sustainable, healthy and renewable energy concept of walking?

Hmmm…

No comments: