Thursday, 21 January 2010

Up, Close and Personal (Uganda V)

Uganda has some amazing wildlife, beautiful lakes and spectacular mountain ranges and it is easy to get lost and fully absorbed in this beauty!

But if my photo course has taught me one thing then it is to pay attention to the world up close! So when travelling through Uganda, I was on a mission to use some of the techniques I had learnt and make my teachers proud!

Unfortunately that was easier said then done because the conditions for photography were bad at best: I only had my normal camera (not the SLR) with me, no tripod and was often so out of breath from a strenuous walk that it was difficult to hold the camera still. The light was bad, the terrain slippery and muddy so that it was difficult to find a firm stand and when all other things were fine, there was wind…

So not ideal, but I think I managed to get a few nice shots of Uganda up, close and personal!















No comments: