When it comes to TV shows, it’s fairly safe to say that if it was released after 2000, I probably haven’t seen it. I am squarely stuck in the 80’s and 90’s and love my Full House, Growing Pains, Beverly Hills 90210, Friends, Sex and The City… good old-fashioned TV in which the world was still a happy place, people talked to each other face to face and clothes were as ridiculous as can be.
The one (and maybe the only) good thing about TV in the US is that they have so many channels that you’re bound to find a re-run of a 90’s show on one of them.
The other day I was indulging in an episode of “The Nanny”, when this happened…
The one (and maybe the only) good thing about TV in the US is that they have so many channels that you’re bound to find a re-run of a 90’s show on one of them.
The other day I was indulging in an episode of “The Nanny”, when this happened…
You’re happily watching TV and in walks Donald Trump! With tedious Trump stories already dominating my podcasts and newspapers, I was not thrilled to now see him appear during my TV time too…
But then I remembered: He’d done it before! Before leaving for the US I saw him in Sex and the City. And he did it again – the other morning as I was cheekily watching the end of “Two Weeks’ Notice” while having breakfast. And again, as I was flicking through the channels in “Zoolander”!
Seems like there really is no escaping Trump (or Drumpf as his ancestors were originally called)! It does make you wish that someone had just offered him a bigger role and catapulted him to movie stardom. Maybe that would have satisfied the Donald and he would have stayed clear of politics...
No comments:
Post a Comment