At 8am this morning I was back at OR Tambo after a rather short visit to London Town - my parking ticket indicated that I was gone for a total of 111 hours (every hour costing me R1.50 in parking…).
In these four days I did not only manage to single-handedly speed up global warming by 2°C, but also provided a much needed stimulus to the UK retail sector by buying every single dress on Oxford Street.
Apart from that, I spent my time telling everyone just how unimpressed I was that London was welcoming me with a cold front and rain and that I could not recall the last time we did not have blue sky in South Africa.
Ironically, when I got back to South Africa this morning (prepared to kiss the ground) the sky was full of grey clouds, there was a strong wind and temperatures were rather chilly. It seems as if I brought more than 128 new dresses back with me …
No comments:
Post a Comment