When I left Pretoria two weeks ago for my holiday in Zanzibar, it was the first rainy day in months - cold as usual, but without the glorious blue sky that we normally enjoy every day! Simply the perfect time to leave the country for a holiday on a tropical island!
While being freezing cold on the plane, we landed in Dar es Salaam and it was beautiful, tropical and hot hot hot! And it stayed like this throughout a wonderful holiday – sunshine every day and warm temperatures all night long. Until the day when we left Zanzibar to fly back to Pretoria: on that day Stone Town was grey, miserable and rainy! So once again the perfect time to leave!
And to make things super-perfect, while we were away in Tanzania, spring has kicked-in in South Africa and life out here has become much more enjoyable again! I packed away my winter coat, dare to take my jumper off before going to bed and don’t freeze the second I leave the house!
So the holiday certainly came at the perfect time and soon I will tell you just how fabulous the trip itself was!
No comments:
Post a Comment